Monday 22 November 2010

How did she do it?

Night nights!
Betty's new addiction to cotton buds appears to be getting out of hand, I had a box of cotton buds on the table, I went out and when I got home, they were every where, the thing is the lid had been on so tight, I don't have a clue how she got it open, but they were every where. She could pick something a little less messy to pick to throw every where!.



Bob is still being an angel, I can go to sleep at night with out knowing I am going to wake up next to poo. The only problem is I am scared that he is saving it all up to catch me out, I guess I just have to enjoy it while it lasts!

2 comments:

  1. Be grateful they are just cotton buds she craves - I was sewing a pair of cargo trousers, pulled off the excess thread, needle still attached to observe the progress and start sewing the other side. Went back to continue and my little kitty Bess had stolen both needle and thread. I searched high and low - convinced she must have had a play with the cotton and left the needle on the floor for me to step on. My frantic efforts to locate said needle and thread proved fruitless and gave up.

    I thought 'there is no possible way she ate that!' having searched her mouth and throat; with no obvious signs of discomfort I assumed that it must be in the carpet somewhere. Alas! No! She had scoffed the lot in one fail swoop, and excreted the evidence two days later with several other inches of cotton she had snaffled from under my nose! She is seriously one lucky kitty, having swallowed a two inch sewing needle without it getting stuck anywhere and passing it straight out. No loss of appetite, or difficulties of any kind; she is quite a small cat so I assume it had no room to twist fortunately. She was also very lucky that the cotton she ate didn't tangle around her intestines.

    I have to be so careful from now on. Ironic thing is - she is a really picky eater and won't eat meat. She is not greedy and not once has she stolen the ham from my sandwich or such..... Odd cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad my kitty isn't the only weird one! Gosh how the hell did a needle pass through her with out harm, that is mad!

    Betty likes eating my hair and I often wake up to find her ripping hair from my head! Funny enough, she is also a fussy eater food wise, whereas Bob will eat any food going!

    ReplyDelete